Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Saturday 30 June 2012

Workshop and new Patterns


Earlier in June I went to a workshop at Quilters Haven given by Dawn Cameron Dick, "Threaducation" all about different types of threads. It was interesting to try out the different trays of threads - there were some new ones to me - and also good to have a recap on thread types as well as machine needles.

New to me were Trilobal (Mettler  Polysheen), YLI Colours and Masterpice Superior. I used wool wadding and just doodled with my usual FMQ. Its nice to have a little book with eight samples.


These arrived today - more patterns from Cissy at Poakalani of Honolulu. Monkey is checking them out.....


...and I shall be checking them out carefully too - a Hawaiian quilt is such a large project in terms of time and fabric - that I shall have to choose carefully. I will have to look at the patterns closely! Should keep me busy for a few years to come.

I like to have one quilt on the frame and another applique quilt on the go. So when the purple Piilani is finished, I'll put the blue and white Molokame in the frame and at the same time, start another applique quilt. I have used up my yeardage so am currently invistigating plain fabrics....it is fun doing the preparation, choosing colours and choosing patterns.....

1 comment:

  1. Decisions, decisions, I like how you plan. I always have a hand quilted project, a hand applique project and then a piecing project on the go at all times. Gives me options.

    ReplyDelete