Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Wednesday 19 December 2012

New Book - Hawaiian Quilts

This is not a new book! but it is new to me....


Published in 2004, it is "Hawaiian Quilts - Tradition and Transition" by Reiko Brandon and Loretta Woodard, published by Kokusai Art, Tokyo. The book resulted from an exhibition of quilts at the Honolulu Academy of Arts in 1989.

The book has lovely photograghs - a full size photo of each quilt plus a detail of the quilt.

The photos are lovely, and there is much information about various quilters from Hawaii - very informative. I think it is a good addition to my library, which is a bit sparse on Hawaiian quilts....

No comments:

Post a Comment