Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Sunday 16 October 2011

Request for Help - Sanderson Star Quilts

Request for help - do you own a Sanderson Star quilt or know of one? Would you be willing to take some simple measurements and briefly describe the quilting patterns on it? I need more measurements for my research on these quilts! If you would be willing to do this, please send me an email (click on my profile photo for the email icon) and I will send you an attachment of what measurements I need by return.

Margaret Nichol has already offered to go to Beamish Museum to measure the Sanderson Star there. I believe this may be the one made by Sanderson herself. If so, it would be rather like the "type specimen" one finds in botany - a reference specimen....will be very interesting.

All offers of help welcomed.

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece, good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pippa, are you a member of the BQL and BQTHL group? You could also ask there for support. If you are not I could do that for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog. Sorry, I don't have a Sanderson quilt.
    Lots of succes with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted on BQL, BQHTL, QGBI and Traditional Quilt Group this morning....also in Culcita....have already had some offers of help....Pippa

    ReplyDelete