Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Wednesday 19 October 2011

Off to Lampeter and Gregynog

I am off to Wales tomorrow. I have been working like fury to get everything done at work! I plan to drive to Lampeter to see the Jen Jones collection there. It was difficult to book a B & B near Lampeter- apparently there is a large construction project going on and workmen have booked all the places - but managed to find one - I'll post some photos when I get back!

Perhaps there will be time to go to Jen's shop at Llanbydder. Also if time allows, I'll go to the Quilt Association at Llanidloes. We'll see - I just have very little idea of driving times in Wales - I seem to recall that it took much longer than expected to get around!

Then on Friday evening its the BQSG seminar at Gregynog. There's been a lot of preparation work gone into this so I'm hoping it goes smoothly.

Yesterday I bought one of the Frixion pens, to test for marking quilting. Any opinions as to how good these are? Last night I gave in and ordered some Inktense pencils online - I couldn't find any locally - I also ordered the embellishment and applique book by Vaine online. I also have two old Welsh quilts arriving from Llanelli soon - so it will seem like Christmas for me next week!

More photos to follow next week with a report.

2 comments:

  1. I have heard all kinds of bad things about the Frixion pen from multiple sources. I was in a quilting class last week in Paducah at the national quilt museum and the instructor and some students were not happy with the pen.

    Check out this blog.

    http://thequiltrat.blogspot.com/2011/10/quilters-beware.html

    http://thequiltrat.blogspot.com/2011/10/just-few-more-tests.html

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time in Wales, Pippa, and enjoy the time! How wonderful that you have the opportunity to see the Jen Jones collection - I must confess I envy you a little...I am really looking forward to reading your next post and your report.

    ReplyDelete