Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Tuesday 22 October 2019

Two Amy Emms cushions

Here are two cushions that I recently "won" on that online auction site. The seller was a lady from Carlisle, who had known Amy Emms well . She was selling a number of cushions as her children were not interested; however she still owns three quilts made by Amy.



Here is a cushion with a rose and a feather circle. Fans are in the corners. This seems to have been Amy's most usual pattern. Notice the very even quilting stitches!


The back of the cushion has a nice wineglass pattern, The cushion also has a frill, which is an added extra,

The other cushion has four feathers or trefoils with infill. 


The back of the cushion has diamond infill.


Both of the cushions have Amy's label. I have other Amy Emm's cushions that are earlier, and lack this label.

There were other cushions for sale, but of course you can't bid on them all, for fear that you would then have to pay for too many items, if you won them. So I just put in two bids.....

I never met Amy, but have heard a lot about her from Lilian Headley and others. Most of us also have a copy of Amy's book, which is well worth a read,

No comments:

Post a Comment