Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Monday 11 November 2019

More Amy Emms cushions

I was offered the chance to buy some more cushions by Amy Emms. These came from a seller in the Borders, near Hawick. The sellers mother had these made by Amy, who was often to be seen at craft fairs in the area.
 

Many of the cushions made by Amy have feather wreaths. These three are similar, but not identical.....this one had feathers plus corner motifs....


This one is very similar to the first...


...but this one has feathers only and no longer has its pad. The backs of all have larger crosshatching, there is no frill and no label. The colour is an old gold colour in "art silk".

The three cushions came as a group, but I did not need duplicates. So one has gone off to Norfolk, the other off to Sheffield, where I am sure they will be admired, and used as teaching aids.

2 comments:

  1. Am enjoying seeing these pillows done by Amy Emms - a name I am just discovering. Your photos of her exquisite quilting took me on a Google search to find out who she was and I discovered an interview dialogue that I will share with my stitching group. The wedding gown she created for her daughter must have caused a huge gasp when the bride entered the church. Beyond gorgeous. A side note that I was so disappointed in not visiting the shop that Jen Jones has when recently in Wales. But our friend who was driving just could not negotiate the distance between Abergavenny and the shop. I dream of a return trip!!

    ReplyDelete