Victorian Bow - a raffle quilt made in aid of the Grundisburgh Bell Fund. It was entirely pieced and quilted by hand, and earned about £1500 for the fund. We took this quilt to the National Patchwork Show at Hatfield House. The quilt was won by a local woman.
Drunkards Path - made by the quick method where you top sew circles onto a background square - fun to do and quick. I added an Amish border.
Pine Tree quilt - I used this to experiment with several different methods of making half square triangles. It was partly hand quilted, but I realised that it would not get finished - so I machine quilted the rest. There are continuous line animals under each pine tree, which were fun to do.
Princess Feather quilt - all hand sewn and hand quilted. The pattern is from the McCalls Book of Quilts, but I added a different border. There is echo quilting, plus a double fold binding. This is the quilt that Sophie has earmarked for herself...it won a prize at two different quilt shows - National Patchwork Championships and Malvern.
Another princess feather quilt which I designed - the centre was hand applied as were some of the corner triangles - but then I finished it off with (machine)blind stitch applique, the difference is not noticeable. The outer border features a ribbon with bondaweb leaves, with machined buttonhole stitching. It was a prizewinner at Sandowne.
My Baltimore Album quilt, made like so many others following "Baltimore Beauties and Beyond". I worked my way through the lessons and found that I did enjoy applique after all, especially the snowflake blocks - hence my progression to the Hawaiian quilts. This quilt took a long time to make and was completley hand quilted. A "once only"effort...
A very large quilt, made from a pattern in "American Quilts".Fun to make but really too large and too white to be useful or decorative. I used my own quilting patterns.
Millennium quilt - made in 2000 of course!! The snowflake applique is all hand done but the outer border is machine sewn with bondaweb applique. Hand dyed fabrics. Machine quilted. I struggled with a design for the outer border, but settled on these steamers which suggest the New Years Eve parties that took place. This used up my bolt of Kona Cotton pfd that I brought back from the States....it won a prize at Sandowne...