I bought this pattern (downloadable) as I wanted to use some ombre strips that I had bought.
Pre cut strips are 2 1/2" wide. However, when I bought the pattern, it wanted you to cut the strips to 2 1/4 inches - I wondered if it were possible to enlarge the shapes to fit onto a 2 1/2" strip - I found that I could just squeeze the larger shapes onto a 2 1/2" strip. I guess the designer thought that this wasn't a good idea for most sewers and thus adjusted the sizes to the smaller width, which easily accomodated the shapes. So - my blocks are larger than those in the pattern.
The blocks are finished and now to put in the sashing....I had to make a few extra blocks...
A nice parcel arrived - it was a free offer when you took out a subscription to a magazine. As I LOVE Aurifil threads and already bought the magazine, I went ahead.....lovely threads.
The Rainbow Rails quilt top was longarm quilted by Val H. at Daisy May, in a swirl pattern that I picked out. I wanted to try a binding with piping as demonstrated by Philippa Naylor, and it wasn't that difficult although I am not sure that I would do this again...
The quilt before being bound...
I like that way that this quilt turned out..
I am now busy quiting the Carnation top. I had a great rush finishing the quilting for the last Hawaiian, in order to send it off to the FOQ in August, so I am determined to finish this one in good time for next year's show.
A pair of muntjac deer have taken up residence in my backyard, and are busily eating everything in sight. Still, they are interesting to watch in the evenings. I am getting annoyed when they eat the plants in my planters, however!
Post a Comment