Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Tuesday 13 May 2014

What I did at the Weekend---


...Machine Quilting! My friend Karin Hellaby, of Quilters Haven, is in the throes of writing her latest book....and the quilts have to be with the photographer shortly.


So, I spent some time machine quilting....careful pin basting had to come first, of course!


First I stitched in the ditch in seam allowances and around the flowers, to "nail it down". The borders were straight stitched as well. The flowers were fun to do with FMQ. Then for a modern look, the background was scribble quilted....I trimmed and darned in the ends. It went to Karin for her to add a binding

No comments:

Post a Comment