Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Sunday 11 April 2010

Ringing for Weddings


Yesterday Mike and I went to help out at Rushmere St Andrew. Of course the bellringing community is getting smaller, and we help out when for some reason there arent enough ringers for a special occasion. We rang for two weddings - and helped local ringer Liz McLeod ring her first quarter peal of Plain Bob Doubles inside!! It was warm weather and during the services we were able to sit outside in the churchyard. We do get a small payment - and this was spent almost immediately for the ingredients for the evening meal = cous cous with watercress and prawns. The prawns, by the way, were from Vietnam and I thought about that for a while. Easy to make but the verdict was..."subtle".

No comments:

Post a Comment