Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Wednesday 25 March 2020

Chalybeate or Zany Quilt

This is a Welsh quilt made in Aberythsweth by Mrs Annie Davies who lived above a drapers shop in Chalybeate Street. The quilt was bought from Jen Jones, who has another quilt by Annie.


Jen asked to borrow this quilt for this years show at her museum in Lampeter. The intention is to do further research about the drapers shop at archives in Aberythsweth, and to hang the two quilts over a re-created drapers shop. It should look stunning.

The quilt has been posted off and received by Jen, I only hope that the current lockdown does not delay the exhibition too much. I am really hoping to see this exhibition!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! My Grandfather was north of here in Abergele. I wish I were there!

    ReplyDelete