Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Tuesday 10 December 2019

Quilted Cushion from Durham

Here is another quilted cushion. The maker was from Durham, and I hope to be given her name at some point. The finishing is much better than the usual; the cushion is piped and the three button closures are nicely finished.
 
 
 
The colour is a warmer yellow than shown in the photos. The back has a wineglass filler pattern which gives a nice texture. The quilting stitches are small and even. 


The front of the cushion has paired feather curls, which make a nice motif, with diamond infill. 
This cushion is a nice item and is very pleasing to look at.
 
 
 
 

1 comment: