Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Monday 17 September 2012

Here I am in Florida

I am visiting my mother in Gainesville, Florida for a week. It seems very warm here after our cool Suffolk weather!

My flight from Heathrow had been delayed as two passengers were stuck in a lift at the airport. We had to leave them behind once their bags were taken off. So, I was lucky to make my connection for my onward flight at Miami - I had to run and was given a "red ticket" which allowed me to barge the queues at Customs and Security. Luckily, I had only my carry-on luggage and had not checked in any bags. I just made my flight! I was pleased to see Mother and my uncle waiting at the other end....

Plans are to go to the nice quilt shop in Trenton one day with Uncle Zane as driver - also, a local quilter and friend will take me to the Jacksonville Quilt Show on Thursday - I will be interested to see how it compares to our UK quilt shows. Of course, it is arranged by a local guild  and is not a commercial show......looking forward to that!

I also want to buy some extra wide plains for my Hawaiian quilts....will let you know how I get on!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy your trip Pippa and the Quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some excitement to start off your holiday it sounds like! I feel terrible for those folks stuck in the elevator though. How annoying...

    Have fun at the quilting show :)

    ReplyDelete