Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Friday 4 November 2011

Quilt Museum at Lampeter - 3

The final lot of photos taken at the Jen Jones Welsh Quilt Centre, Old Town Hall, Lampeter. As before, I am not including too much information. I would strongly encourage you to buy the catalog (available in English or Welsh), which contains more information on these quilts, from http://www.jen-jones.com/. There will also be a DVD available soon, which will have photos of all three exhibitions, together with more detailed commentary on a few of the quilts.




Here is my favorite quilt of the show - a stunning yellow wholecloth with just beautiful quilting. Both sides were available for inspection.




A closer look at the quilting, which includes "coins" spirals, fans, chevrons and more. Made by Anna Davies of Whitland, Carmarthenshire.




Scalloped edge cot quilt circa 1930.





I found these photos in the hall. The quilters in the larger photo were from Solva and the photographer was Margaret Wright. I wonder who the man in the other photo is?





Here he is in another photo, talking to Jen and Roger.




I was interested to see this quilting frame, with part of a quilt still attached and the quilt backing.





The quilting shows the traditional Welsh leaves and spirals







Applique quilt which doesn't seem to be in the catalog!!






Beautiful array of red and white quilts. The one on the bed is from Llanybydder, late 19th C - the one on the wall is from the 1890's.



Well, that is the end of my photos from Jen's exhibition - next, photos from The Quilt Association at the Minerva Centre.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing - that yellow and gold quilt is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful photos, love the quilts.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for these great pictures, Pippa! The yellow and gold quilt is impressive, the rows of "coins" almost look like trapunto and additionally stuffed from the back of the quilt. I also like the cot quilt - a simple design but just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete