Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Monday 18 April 2011

Giveaway Results

Here are the results of my little "giveaway". What I did was to assign everyone a number, and then use a random number generator - so they are random although they perhaps don't look that way! Welsh Quilt Book - Artymess. Detroit Times quilt clippings: Kathie of Vintage Fabrics, Heather, and Barbara. Korean silk fabric: Sew primitive, Lesley, Sharon (of Blaine Washington), Indigocarole, and Susan B. I will try to email you in the next day or so, but in the meantime if you see this, it would be nice if you emailed me with your address (my email icon is on my profile page). Many thanks to all those who participated and for your kind remarks!! I am going to show some more antique quilts soon - also the bell blocks have started to arrive! I am so excited about this and will show the ones I have over the next day or so. If you have made yours, please send it soon as I will be getting started on the quilt centre.
Finally, just to show you the progress on the centre of the sawtooth quilt. I find this the best part, as it is all ready and you can just quilt and do not have to fiddle about with marking or other preparation -bliss!

5 comments:

  1. Obviously I got a lucky number re the Korean fabric :-)

    You're right - that is the best part. I am dreaming about having a pile of quilts sandwiched and ready to go, and lots of time to quilt them... getting enough time is the hard part. Showing some of my early quilts in a recent talk, I was quite shocked at how much quilting I put into things about 10 years ago, but I was back at uni (part time) and making the most of the materials cost v time enjoyed equation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sawtooth quilt will turn out beautiful, I love the quilting patterns. A question, Pippa: is it the King Tut Thread you use for hand quilting? How do you like it? I tried it once and for me it was a pleasure to work with. I am really looking forward to watching the progress of your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the cream thread is King Tut and I am enjoying using it. The pink thread is Gutterman - but is slightly too light on colour, so I think I am going to see whether there is a colour in the King Tut that is suitable. It needs to be a slightly darker colour. There certainly is more thread choice out there now - it used to be just Coats and Clark! (which I still like).

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats to the winners! I know Susan is going to love that fabric and can't wait to see what she does with it!
    love your quilting...
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Pippa ! You are just too sweet.

    King Tut thread is my very favorite - the quilting is simply exquisite on the sawtooth quilt.

    ReplyDelete