Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Thursday 21 April 2011

Bell blocks are arriving!

Very exciting to have the Bell blocks arriving! I am very pleased with the variety of fabrics and backgrounds, which was what I was hoping for. Many thanks for everyone's help and I am looking forward to receiving more.

Many thanks to Patricia Lloyd, Daphne Pratt, Shirley Blair, Lorraine Shergold,Ros Burton, and Marion Hamilton. I will soon be starting on the central panel, which will be interesting work. I am going to use Ruth McDowell's techniques of piecing from a paper pattern (which I will have to draft first). I gave a talk and show of quilts at Gislingham WI last night, and as usual, everyone liked my pieced flower and vegetable quilts, which use Ruth's patterns.

It is very warm and pleasant here in Suffolk, so we are looking forward to the Easter weekend. It is the AGM of the Suffolk Guild next weekend at Henley. Today's task to parcel up the new Allendale and red and white Hawaiian quilts to go to Malvern. I have never been - but it does have a very good hand quilted and wholecloth section, or so I'm told!

No comments:

Post a Comment