Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Thursday 1 July 2010

Engagement Congratulations


We often ring the bells for special occasions - this week we rang a quarter of spliced Surprise Minor - and the special event was the engagement of Richard Munnings and Ruth Eagle, who got engaged a week ago. Here's the photo taken last night after the quarter of spliced Rossendale, Stamford, Warkworth and Annable's London. Rather hot work this week! And, just as we were starting off, the treble bellrope (the one I was ringing) broke and it took about 20 minutes to go up into the bellchamber and fit a new rope. But the ringing was very good after that, if I do say so myself....


Congratulations Richy and Ruthie!! ( that's them in the front row, with me on the left) .The other ringers are Kate (Ruth's mum), Mike and Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment