Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Wednesday 19 September 2018

Printed Shawl - Yardage?

I bought this lovely shawl earlier this year. I think that it must be one of the "down market" shawls, as it appears to be made from yardage good, with a fringe added at the cut ends.
 

I find these shawls very sophisticated in their designs,,,


It must have taken great skill to print the designs onto the wool fabric...


The colours are very subtle...

So I enjoy these textiles, even if I do not know as much as I would like about them....


I keep promising myself a trip to Norwich, And perhaps Paisley in Scotland one day! both have excellent museum displays.

No comments:

Post a Comment