Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Monday 20 August 2018

Open Day at Karin Hellaby's House - New Book

Earlier this month, I walked around to Karin Hellaby's house for the first sight of her new book, Jelly Roll Bargello Quilts. I have known Karin for a long time, and during that time, have seen her start and then manage the shop, Quilters Haven. I did a lot of teaching there! And also, made samples for her various books. She has now retired  and sold the shop - it is very much missed locally!

But, Karin is still writing and also running quilting trips and cruises.


Here is the newest book. It is well set out and has some lovely quilts to make.

the premise is that if you take a jelly roll, you can make a succesful bargello quilt. Take 20 2.5 inch strips and follow the clear instructions!


Batiks would work well, too.
I am going to try this, once I have some spare time!

No comments:

Post a Comment