Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Thursday 2 July 2020

Life mostly at home for Lockdown

I have had a lot of time at home during lockdown, keeping safe and observing social distancing. Luckily, Suffolk has not been so badly affected as other areas. It is still a very unsettling time. Our holiday had to be postponed and I have not been able to go to the Guild in York to hand over the quilts that I am donating to them.


 I have been working steadily on my Ulu quilt - working towards the centre, I really enjoy the applique in the evenings.


This is a quilt called Gloria which still has to be sewn into a top...made with ombre fabrics


I am still working mostly from home, but going in occasionally to two offices. This is the Tide Mill, which has been redecorated and is slowly opening to the public. There was an unprecedented demand for the flour, with lots of home baking going on.


I have had work done to the house - a new drive - too bad there are not any children, they would have loved to see the digger and the grabber truck.


A new clean drive.


New windows, a big job this...also the garden cleared and a new fence put in. The neighbours will be happy....


We have been going on 3 or 4 walks each week - some just around Woodbridge and Melton but others in surrounding villages,


 Helmingham Hall has a great selection of roses..


A rose called William Shakespeare...

 and Helmingham Hall itself..
 Beautiful skies recently...

Lots of lovely stately churches - this one is Eye St Peter and St Paul. Unfortunately they are closed but nice to see the grounds. No bellringing at present of course!

The Guild Hall at Eye, 15 c but heavily restored in the 19c.

1 comment:

  1. So nice to see pictures from your part of the world.i know what you mean about baking, our shops ran out of flour, baking powder, yeast, cocoa, all sorts of baking products. With everyone home, kids too, a whole lot of baking was happening!

    ReplyDelete