Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Monday 23 April 2018

A Walk to Semer Water; Bedale

On our final morning, we went for a walk around Semmer Water, one of only two natural lakes in the Dales (Malham Tarn is the other). As in the Lake District, this lake is glacial in origin.
 
 
We set off on the lakeside road....the sun was shining...

The scenery was beautiful, and once again there were plenty of new lambs about....and daffodils...


There were plenty of stone walls and stone barns to be seen. The barns are generally disused now, but were originally used to store winter feed, and to protect stock from severe weather.

Also to the seen on this walk is an abandoned church, Old Stalling Busk Church.


A view across the lake. The latter part of this walk was very wet and our boots were covered with mud!

After our walk at Semmer, we headed home to Suffolk, stopping for lunch at Bedale. We had a good look around the church...


Most of the bollards had been "yarn bombed"...


A lunch of Northern proportions, and at a very reasonable price.....finally it was time to drive home.

1 comment:

  1. just came across your blog posts by chance. Enjoyed reading about your adventures and loved the yarn bombing blue tit

    ReplyDelete