Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Monday 15 January 2018

Kit Rose Quilt - American

This quilt was bought inexpensively online. I am not usually interested in American quilts, but this one caught my eye...


It is a kit quilt, but completed in an expert way and nicely quilted.
There are also some embroidered details, such as the leaf veins...


There is an American site concerning kit quilts, but there is, rightly, a joining fee. I could not afford this just to research one quilt......but it would be interesting to know which company produced this quilt pattern and what it is called....does anyone know?


The quilt is a cheerful one...

 
.....and involved a lot of work for the maker - it was obviously a treasured quilt. As with so many of my quilts, it would be lovely to magicly know the story behind this one.

1 comment:

  1. Try asking Barbara Brackman. She’s a wizard at researching old quilt patterns.

    ReplyDelete