Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Wednesday 12 July 2017

Weekend in Wales 2017


Tomorrow we will be heading off to Wales - we will once again be staying at Penyrrallt Farm near Llandysul. Plenty of photo opportunities for Mike!


We will once again be staying in this gypsey caravan - so peaceful. The weather report looks mixed - but hopefully some sun!

On Friday, we hope to walk some more of the Welsh coastal walk...it was spectacular last year.


Saturday should see us paying a visit to the Quilt Museum in Lampeter, with the exhibition "As Good as it Gets" - focussed on the work of the Rural Industries Board 1928-1935 . I also have a cot quilt in the side room with the challenge quilts.

I also hope to make a visit to Jane Beck Welsh Blankets at Ty Zinc near Tregaron.

More photos to follow!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great Welsh holiday and enjoy Lampeter. I am going there with my quilt group tomorrow. It is always our best trip of the year! The exhibits are fabulous (we know because one of our members volunteers there). Have a great holiday. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pippa, Me again. Hope by the time you read this you have enjoyed the Jen Jones quilt exhibition and have the results of the challenge. Our patchwork group really enjoyed our visit and loved all the Welsh whole quilts which we thought were stupendous, I especially loved the one made out of corset material where the lady's husband had cut out metal templates for her. So much to see, then of course next door to Calico Kate for MORE materials. Hope you had a wonderful stay in your Welsh van and a great Welsh holiday as well. Ann x

    ReplyDelete