Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Monday 24 June 2013

Walk - Woodbridge Riverside

Yesterday was a rather stormy day, so we did not take our usual Sunday walk, but did take a short walk by the riverside between showers.....

I have been dithering about upgrading my telephone...I don't use it all that much, but wanted to have a camera attached and email.....so I took the plunge and traded the trusty old Nokia for a new Iphone....so I was experimenting with the Iphone camera. The quality is a bit different, so I will still use the reliable Sony camera where possible!


A rather stormy vista of Woodbridge, with the Tide Mill visible as the white building in the centre. The River Deben is in the foreground. Boating is very popular all along the east coast....


You can see that it was low tide, the boats usually have flat bottoms or have special keel fins to keep them from toppling over..others are moored further out in the river.

 Experimenting with the zoom lens - the farmhouse on the hill is Mrs Pretty's farmhouse....she owned the land at Sutton Hoo, where the ship burial is and the property is now owned by the National Trust.
Mike and I went for a quarter peal at Rendham on Friday evening - the quarter was miscalled so came to an early end - Mike and I decided to check out the reopened Sweffling White Horse nearby - it is an old fashioned pub but with "glamping " ie glamorous camping. There are a number of yurts in the back garden which were filled with holiday makers. One of the neighbors was giving pony and trap rides to the campers at very reasonable rates. It seemed a pleasant way to explore the surrounding countryside.

My daughter Sophie is now in the country, back from Singapore to attend a wedding, so I'll be seeing her tomorrow. I also plan to go to London with her for a day, must research what exhibitions are on at the  moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment