Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Monday 4 December 2017

Strip Quilt Tree of Life in Pink and White

Here is a very worn quilt....still, with the lovely quilting designs visible. The cotton sateen has worn well. The design is essentially a strip quilt, with trangles of cloth to add to the interest of the design.
 

The light catches the cloth, for some reason....


 

The quilting designs are a twist, and also a scroll with roses and swirls pattern. This was a common pattern with quilt designers, so this may have been a "stamped" quilt...


There is a binding, which may indicate a repair...

The reverse is a pink cotton sateen.


There is no provenance on this quilt, but it is North Country.


I do like the Scroll and Vine pattern, very nice, flowing pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment