Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Thursday 14 July 2016

French quilt?


You may remember this little quilt, which was bought in the US. I was unsure weather it was Welsh, North Country or French....


Here is a photo that was sent to me by Virginia Berger, of a cot sized quilt she bought in France, which she thought had influences of North Country....here is the photo.

You can see that there are similarities....given that the quilt above has diamonds for the main body of the quilt and that this is a common treatment in French quilts, I'm prepared to say it is French....well, probably.......

No comments:

Post a Comment