Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Monday 20 July 2015

Another Tea Cosy!

This little tea cosy came from North Shields on Tyneside, and nothing more is known about it....
Probably made in the 1930s-1940s. 


The back is plain, and the inner lining is in cream linen


The front has a corded design (Italian quilting) in a heart pattern. 


 The quilting is nicely done, but this tea cosy does not seem to have been used. Small items such as these were popular to make in sewing or quilting classes, and they were also popular as wedding or housewarming gifts...

No comments:

Post a Comment