Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Sunday 10 November 2013

Catalogue 2013 Jen Jones Quilt Museum

Although I was not able to get across to Wales this year to see the exhibit in person, I did buy the catalogue. As usual, it is nicely produced and presented. A bargain at £6.00 plus postage and
Available from the Jen Jones website: http://www.jen-jones.com/shop/13/197/books-dvd-s 


This year's exhibit was of Kaffe Fassett's quilts - and very colourful they were too. They were hung from the ceiling, while Welsh wholecloths lined the walls.


Many of Kaffe's quilts are designed with traditional quilts in mind, but with his bright and bold fabrics.


They are very colourful....I enjoyed looking through the catalogue.


At the back are some thumbnails of the traditional Welsh quilts - just a small portion of each. Wholecloths are notoriously difficult to photograph.

This year's exhibition is now closed, but the theme for next year has already been announced. It is "Early to Bed" featuring very early Welsh quilts, including two of Ron Simpsons quilts. Janet Bolton's quilts will also feature. 


Some of Jen's fantastic quilts...

 A medallion quilt...


Love the blue fabric in the border!! Hopefully I will get across next year.....its over six hours drive from here...

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful catalogue! I think it's a wonderful idea to show the thumbnails of the wholecloths. Indeed it's difficult to photograph them...I can tell you a thing or two about it. Love the colour arrangement of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete