Once the Portcawl ladies had finished their coffee, it was time to take the tour of the Weaving areas. This was the largest of the local mills and dates back to the 1840's. After a fire it was rebuilt in 1912-1914. Purchased by the Museum of Wales in 1984, part of the mill is leased and run commercially.
The wool was then carded - the machinery in the Museum is enclosed in cages to protect the public. Carding produced soft wool ready for spinning.
A further machine produced "rovings" which were soft strands of wool.