Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Friday 8 June 2012

Quilters Haven

The antique quilts came down yesterday at 4.30 as the QH classroom was needed for a class today.


Here is a photo of the Quilters Haven window - the White Allendale quilt is on the right side of the window. Karin was very impressed at the number of ladies arriving to see the quilts on Wednesday, some from a distance away. I know that one was Liz from Norfolk!

The upshot is that Karin is considering repeating the exercise over Christmas and New Year - with different quilts, of course....I'll let you know the outcome. I'm just pleased to be able to show them off, old quilts are lovely...

1 comment:

  1. Well worth the trip Pippa!! Thank you for showing them, the group of ladies visiting at the same time as me were very appreciative of the work in the quilts. Even though I have some of my own, I just love seeing other old quilts, as you say 'old quilts are lovely' and they are all so different to each other.

    ReplyDelete