Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Sunday 20 March 2011

Tom well in Hiroshima


My son Tom was planning to fly out to Tokyo last Saturday, to visit his girlfriend Lily.. When I found out that he had changed his plans and flown out to Hiroshima, I was concerned! However, I have just had an email which says:
"We're a long way from Tokyo here in Hiroshima. Hiroshima didn't even experience the earthquake. I don't feel in any danger at all. In fact, I have witnessed some of the most esquisite architecture the world has to offer.
We are travelling to Hiroshima, Awaji, Kyoto, Fukuoka and Naoshima."
And he promises to check his emails more often. It seems that there has been some scaremongering by the press, although the situation is serious.
Tom works as an architect and the picture above is of Fukokaji (panorama).
More posts later, on progress with the sawtooth top -its complete and being marked now.

2 comments:

  1. I`m glad to hear that your son is ok Pippa, you must have been so worried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good to hear. My daughter is going to the university in Kyoto this summer through a program with the US state department. She is so looking forward to going. BTW, I enjoying popping over to your blog by way of Little Welsh Quilts.

    ReplyDelete